these may look like ordinary cookies (although, i think they look pretty fancy with all that chocolate icing going on).but, other than that, they really do look like plain-jane, “normal” cookies. wouldn’t you agree? that is, until you take a bite & then “surprise”, there’s a snickers inside! and let me tell you what a delightful surprise this is. someone baked us up a batch this holiday season & i couldn’t stop eating them. i’m thinking i might have to bake me up a batch tomorrow… it’s still the “holiday season”, i can continue filling my belly to my little heart’s content! i can work eating more healthy next week.
peanut butter surprise
2 sticks butter (softened)
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour (sifted)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 bag snickers miniatures
1 bag dove brand milk or dark chocolate (or any other melting chocolate will do)
1. combine the butter, peanut butter & sugars using a mixer on a medium to low speed until light and fluffy.
2. slowly add the eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined. then mix in the flour, salt & baking soda.
3. cover and chill dough for 2-3 hours.
3. unwrap all of the snickers miniatures (make sure to eat one or two, that’s my favorite paft of baking… taste testing)
4. remove dough from refrigerator. divide into 1-tablespoon pieces & flatten.
place a snickers miniature piece in the center of each piece of dough.
5. form each piece of dough into a ball around the snickers miniatures piece.
6. place on a greased cookie sheet & bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes. (baking time and temperature may need to be adjusted if using more than 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie.)
7. let cookies cool on baking rack or wax paper.
8. “spruce up” your cookies by drizzling melted dove brand promises milk or dark chocolate over the top of each cookie!