to be honest, i don’t even know where i got this recipe. but i was flipping through my folder of favorites & saw this scribbled on a post it note & i knew immediately what i was making for dinner tonight…
creamy chicken roll-ups
cooked chicken, cubed (i usually use about 1+ per person)
1/2 onion, dice
1 package of sliced mushrooms, dice
1 package of cream cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1. thaw phyllo dough according to the directions on the package (usually overnight in the fridge or at room temperature for 5 hours).
2. cook chicken (usually i boil it, but if i’m really thinking ahead i put in the crock pot) & then cube it.
3. in a separate pan saute the onion & mushrooms.
4. combine chicken, onion, mushrooms & cream cheese to make your “creamy” filling.
5. once the phyllo dough has thawed, remove 2-4 sheets of phyllo and place on a sheet of was paper. brush each with butter or spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
6. spoon a large amount of your creamy filling in a log shape along one end of the phyllo, leaving a 2-inch border. fold phyllo over filling, tuck in ends & roll-up… burrito style. brush the top with butter, or spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
7. repeat with remaining phyllo sheets & filling.
8. bake on 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
9. top with warmed cream of mushroom soup.