jeffy’s favorite new breakfast recipe, is one i came across, courtesy of the 43rd pillsbury bake-off. you know the recipe is a winner when hours later, the hubby is still talking about how good breakfast was. (i really should point out that jeffy isn’t a big breakfast-y kind of guy. i might love thinnies, french toast & german pancakes, but jeffy prefers his breakfasts to be a little less eggy.) & i guess the boys liked it too, because the licked their plates clean, literally.
orange-almond breakfast bake
1/4 cup yoplait original 99% fat free orange creme yogurt
1 can pillsbury refrigerated orange flavor sweet rolls with icing
icing from can of sweet rolls
2 tb butter
1 tb orange juice
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/4 cup smucker’s sweet orange marmalade
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. heat over to 400 degrees. spray the bottom of a 9×13″ dish.
2. in a small bowl, beat egg with fork or wire whisk, stir in yogurt until smooth.
3. unroll dough on cutting board. set icing aside. cut each strip in half, crosswise. dip each strip completely in egg mixture, then twist 2 or 3 times, & place in baking dish. bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
4. meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat icing, butter, orange juice, almond extrat & marmalade to boiling over medium heat. reduce heat to medium-low, cook 2 – 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened & shiny. remove from heat, stir in almonds.
5. loosen rolls from baking dish with spatula. drizzle with sauce, serve immediately.