so, i’m really trying to be good. but, sometimes my diet is so hard, especially when dessert is staring me in the face… at a recent bbq, a friend brought this “cheesecake.” at first it was easy to resist, because i don’t typically like cheesecake. but then, i took a bite, and then a small slice & i ended up having a second (rather large) helping. when she told me the recipe, i didn’t think i’d be able to replicate it. not because it was hard, but because it was one of those play-it-by-ear types of recipes & i’m never good with that. but, i went home & tried it. & amazingly enough it turned out. so i made it again & again. now i’m sharing it with you. it’s super-duper easy (even with the play-it-by-ear measurements), although don’t be expecting a true cheesecake, because it certainly isn’t.
not very cheesecakey, cheesecake
1 graham cracker crust (bought or home-made, there’s a great recipe HERE)
3 8-oz packages of cream cheese (i used the lite versions, without a problem)
1 quart of heavy whipping cream
sugar, to taste (i used approximately 2 cups)
fruit (fresh or frozen)
now, it should be noted that the above ingredients make enough “cheesecake” to fill a 9×13 pan. if you want to make a smaller portion, half the recipe & it will still make enough to fill 2 pie tins.
1. make your crust (or open it) & set aside.
2. using your electric or hand-held mixer, cream the cream cheese & sugar together. (i added sugar about 1/4 cup at a time until i got the sweetness i liked)
3. once the cream cheese & sugar are mixed well, add the whipping cream. continue mixing until the whipping cream “peaks” & is stiff, almost like whipping cream.
4. fold in your fruit by hand (i used frozen raspberries)
5. spread mixture into pan & crust.
6. cover & freeze for about an hour, then store in the refrigerator.
yum! next time i think i might try it in an oreo cookie crust.