here’s a new spin on tin-foil dinners. ALL of my boys loved it & it was definitely a sneaky way to sneak in some veggies. they gobbled it up so quickly they didn’t even realize they were eat zucchini, peppers & tomatoes.
chicken pizza packets
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tb. olive oil
1 small zucchini chopped into chunks
1 small package of pepperoni (can be used whole, although i like the pieces smaller, so i chop them up)
1 small green pepper, julienned
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. epper
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup+ shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup+ shredded parmesan cheese
(i use an entire bag of the pre-shredded italian cheese mixture, but i like lots of cheese)
1. in a large bowl, combine everything except the tomatoes and cheese.
2. coat four large pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 12in. square) with cooking spray
3. place 1/4 of the chicken mixture in the center of each piece & fold foil round mixture and seal tightly.
4. grill, covered. over medium-hot heat for 15-18 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
5. carefully open each packet. sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese. seal loosely, grill for 2 more additional minutes (or until cheese is melted).
recipe via taste of home