the long beach half marathon is definitely flat, fast & fun to run. & probably one of my favorite races i’ve ever done. & of course, i had to wear my signature turquoise team sparkle skirt – it just wouldn’t be the same without it.
surrounded by marathoners & half marathoners, running through Long Beach, along the coastline & beach (very reminiscent of the surf city marathon), not to mention that there over sixty team sparkle skirts running the long beach marathon & 1/2… how can you go wrong?
but honestly, the real reason it’s probably one of my favorite races (other than my actual marathon)? because my “training,” lasted only two weeks, the furthest i ran before the race was just 6 miles – and yet i still set a personal record (PR)… running 13.1 miles in 1 hour, 58 minutes & 30 seconds.
long beach half marathon by the numbers:
* 1681st place overall out of 9836 (about 17% of people finished ahead of me, 8152 people finished behind me)
* 521st place out of 5929 women (about 9% of women finished ahead of me. 5405 women finished behind)
* 101st place out of 981 women ages 30-34 (about 10% of women finished ahead of me. 882 women finished behind)
* my 10K split time was 54:16, with a 8:44 pace
* my average mile time was 9 min & 2 sec
* my average K time was 5 min & 37 sec
ready to re-live the entire long beach half marathon & team sparkle experience with me? remember… it’s all about the blood, sweat, & SPARKLE.