i’m gearing up to run my first race of the year… runDisney’s inaugural tinkerbell half marathon.
& while i’m busy finalizing the last minute details of my “running costume” (unlike my last disney race, wings will not be involved – however i’m pretty sure i will be involved in a sword fight or two), i thought i’d share with you my running essentials…
the best part though? not only am i sharing my running essential favorites, YOU have the chance to win it all! one lucky person is going to win the whole kit & caboodle.
trust me when i say, this is one giveaway you don’t want to miss. whether or not you’re a runner, i’m giving away some pretty fabulous goodies – have i mentioned that there’s chocolate involved?
according to kelly’s running essentials
* endorphin warrior: i love my CONQUER warrior training bracelet – i must admit, i rarely take it off. just as it did when i was running hood to coast, my CONQUER bracelet has continued to inspire & motivate me. i honestly think i need to order another one – i think BELIEVE is next.
* go sport id: i often run at night. i often run alone. i can’t help it – that’s just the way it works out. so, i want to be prepared, i want to be protected. that’s why i wear my go sport id – in case of an emergency (crossing my fingers & knocking on wood it doesn’t come in handy anytime soon). my go sport id contains contact information for loved ones, allergy information & more, so i can get possibly live-saving medical treatment asap.
* inperspire: i love what inperspire says… “you supply the sweat, we supply the motivation.” so true. my “stronger, faster, better” towel has become my mantra – i can’t imagine working out, or running without it.
* kt tape: another one of my must-have-can’t-leave-home-without-it products. i carry kt tape in my purse, that’s how much of an ubber fan i am. i honestly believe, that it would be impossible for me to run without this around my knees. i don’t know how, but after applying kt tape, something magical happens, the pain goes away, & i’m actually able to run.
* nuun: i never leave home without it. i’ve already waxed philosophical about nuun on mulitple occasions – but just in case you’ve been hiding under a rock & still don’t know how i feel about nuun – with 0 sugars, 0 carbs, only 8 calories & tons of electorlytes, it’s my secret weapon, it’s what powers me through workouts, races & every day life.
* onelove collections: all of the headbands are amazing, although i do have a soft spot for the tye dye version. i don’t know what i loved more about it – the way this headband matches my team sparkle skirt perfectly, or how fabulous it feels on my head. this headband is definitely a staple. not only does it hold my hair back & keep the sweat out of my eyes – but it actually looks cute too (which very few headbands manage to do).
* run like a mother & the highly anticipated train like a mother: these books are a nightstand essential for any mother runner, soon-to-be-mother, or runner in general. it’s my go-to guide book & often reminds me that “i’m not alone.” i love this book so much i give it away, constantly. in fact, i no longer even own a copy, because i keep giving it away. &, i am literally counting down the days until the new book is released.
* run pretty far: a technical tee that’s cute & comfortable?! i was immediately sold! but this particular shirt is just awesome… “run happy. run grumpy. run speedy. run slow. run a little. run a lot.” – whatever you do, just RUN!
* team sparkle: skirt & race legs – as team sparkle says… run hard. run pretty. there is NO better feeling than passing a guy while wearing a team sparkle skirt. seriously – being passed by a girl, has got to hurt. being passed by a girl in a skirt, must suck. but being passed by a girl in a team sparkle skirt? i can’t even imagine the humiliation guys must feel.
* tommie copper: i may love running, but my body doesn’t. for a long time i was worried i’d have to overcome my addiction to running, because of all of my injuries. but then i discovered tommie copper compression. i can often be found wearing my tommie copper knee & calf sleeves – i don’t know how or why they work, they just do. it’s a modern-day miracle.
* utah truffles: let’s be honest… while it’s true, i do love to run, it didn’t start out that way. deep down, i run for one reason – to eat. i want to be able to enjoy cupcakes, cookies & chocolate without feeling “bad.” so i run. & my absolute, most favorite treat ever? milk chocolate mint truffles. ask my friends – i’ve been known to hoard these, & hide utah truffles in my purse. they are absolutely to-die-for, & are always my post-run treat.
according to kelly’s running essentials giveaway
ready to win? you have the chance to win all of my favorites! yep! yep! one lucky person will win…
* endorphin warrior: winner’s choice of one endorphin warrior bracelet
* go sport id: $25 gift card to go sport id
* inperspire: winner’s choice of one inperspire workout towel
* kt tape: one roll each of lime, pink & turquoise colored kt tape pro
* nuun: mixed 4-pack of nuun & a nuun bottle
* onelove collections: winner’s choice of onelove collections headband
* run pretty far: “just run” technical tee
* team sparkle: winner’s choice of team sparkle skirt & race legs
* tommie copper: winner’s choice of tommie copper ankle, calf, knee or elbow sleeves
* utah truffles: $50 utah truffles gift certificate
ready to enter? with over $300 worth of fabulous running essential, i’m giving you 15 different ways to enter. luckily,rafflecopter makes it easy-peasy to enter.
but don’t dawdle, this giveaway closes on tuesday, january 31st at 12am EST.
confused about how to enter a giveaway using rafflecopter? here’s a video on their site explaining how to use rafflecopter to enter giveaway.
FYI blog comments are closed on this post due to usage of rafflecopter… you can comment via rafflecopter.
1. no purchase necessary.
2. giveaway ends 1/31/11 at 12am EST.
3. only US residents can enter.
4. winner will be chosen via random.org.
5. winner will be contacted via email. winner has 48 hours to respond with mailing address or another winner will be chosen.
6. void where prohibited by law.
7. this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. i hereby release Facebook of any liability.
if you have any additional questions – feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org