i carbo load on them, we celebrate with them, & they are a perfect midnight snack.
my kids ask for them on a daily basis, & i crave them even more often.
& every time i bake them, i thank my lucky stars that my friends passed the recipe along.
choco rama chocolate chip cookies
2 sticks of room temperature unsalted sweet cream butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup of each: white chocolate, milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, dark chocolate & butterscotch chips
1. cream butter & sugars
2. mix in eggs, vanilla, baking soda
3. slowly add flour, salt, baking powder & chocolate chips
bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until slightly browned on the edges
* i used both unsalted & salted butter & haven’t noticed much of difference – so i usually use whatever butter i have on hand
* the recipe calls 2 1/2 cups of flour, but in my experience the cookies need more flour. i usually add at least a 1/4 cup more… you want your dough “tacky” not soft
* there’s alot of chocolate chips involved in this recipe (hence the name choco ram chocolate chip cookies) – i usually just add whatever i have on hand (because i’m lazy like that). but, then again – i make sure to always have alot of chocolate on hand, so it’s usually there when i’m ready to bake.
* i always bake these cookies on a silpat or parchment paper at 350 degrees or at 325 degrees when i’m using a convection oven – 375 degrees seemed to “bake” them too much. you want to take them out of the oven when they are just barely browned on the edges & still soft.
* just like any other cookie, keep these in an air-tight container. because of all the sugar, they seem to harden up a wee bit faster than other cookies – but no worries, they usually don’t last long enough for anyone to notice.
choco rama chocolate chip cookies are best served with an ice cold glass of milk (or chocolate milk, if you want to live on the wild side). be careful though, they are addicting – just giving you fair warning. i don’t want to hear any complaints when you can’t stop eating them.