cars land…. it’s all my kids could talk about for the last several years. every time we went to disneyland (which is practically every week). they would always ask “is it ready yet?” finally, after 5 long years, i was able to answer “YES!”
i don’t know who was more excited to attend the grand opening of cars land at the disneyland resort, inside california adventure…
me, or the kids?! although, i definitely won the award for “most emotional.”
i’m not afraid to admit that i may have shed a few tears the first time i stepped onto route 66.
seeing the cars movie truly come to life was (& is) AHHH-MAZING.
& i’m not gonna lie, radiator springs, really & truly IS “the cutest little town in Carburetor county.” ready for a grand tour?
cars land grand tour
stop by fillmore’s taste-in where you can “fill up” on his refreshing, all-natural fuel.
visit with everyone’s favorite tow-truck at mater’s junkyard jamboree where baby tractors pull you along & spin you around as mater seranades you. my personal favorite is when mater gives the “safety instructions” in spanish – hilarious! (each tractor can hold up to 2 adults & 1 child. riders must be 32″ or taller.)
if you’re looking for official radiator springs merchandise, stop by sarge’s surplus hut – he stocks all the essentials.
the cozy cone motel is the perfect pit-stop when you’ve got the munchies. with plenty of “cone-themed” snacks, there’s plenty of options to recharge on. these “i-cone-ic” snacks include “chili cone queso,” “route beer floats,” ice cream “cones” & cones filled with churro bites, pretzel bites or flavored popcorn. i’d suggest you try a little of everything. MY personal favorites include reds apple freeze, the churro bites & the chili cone queso (served in a pretzel bowl).
but if you’re in the mood for home cooking, cruise on in to flo’s V8 cafe. voted best dining on “66,” it the perfect place to fill up your tank. while the home-style rotisserie pork loin, turkey and new york strip loin are yummy – my favorites include the delicious milk shakes, or “ugly crust pies” in apple-cheddar, cherry & even more flavors!
radiator springs curios is full of souvenirs & keepsakes – you’ll definitely want to stop by, & pick up something to remember your trip by.
float on air, & literally fly when you ride luigi’s flying tires. basically, it’s a super-sized version of human air hockey. (each tire can hold up to 2 adults & 1 child or 1 adult & 2 children. riders must be 32″ or taller.)
ramone’s house of body art is the place to go if when you’re looking for a fresh coat of paint, tricked-out gear, or other accessories.
want to race around ornament valley? then make sure to stop by radiator springs racers. definitely my newest favorite attraction, because you get to tour through radiator springs & visit with some familiar faces, drive by the valley’s famous waterfall, before you literally race around the hills, zoom around high-banked turns & cruise down the beautiful red-rock formations. (riders must be 40″ or taller. fast passes & single rider line are both available).
cars land tips & tricks
* get your radiator springs racers FASTPASS as soon as you arrive at the disneyland resort – they will go fast. but don’t head directly to cars land, FASTPASS tickets for radiator springs racers are distributed outside of cars land, near it’s tough to be a bug!
* if you want to ride radiator springs racers , you can also take advantage of the single rider entrance, which is located near the stanley statue.
* with a minimum height requirement of 40″, you might have kids that are a wee small for the ride. no worries – radiator springs racers has “rider swap” which allows parents/ adults to experience the ride while one one person waits with the child(ren), then lets them “swap,” enabling the other adult to enjoy the attraction. ask a cast member about the “rider swap” program before getting in line.
* luigi’s flying tires is extremely slow-loading – & that’s putting it nicely. be prepared for long lines, which equals a very long wait time. once you finally board, make sure to grab a beach ball (or two), because they definitely add to the experience. & don’t forget to LEAN. if you want to get going fast, avoid the other tires as much as possible – the longer you can get going on a straight line, the faster you get going. & obviously, more weight in the tire, means more speed – so load up!
* if you visited cars land during the day, don’t forget to go back at night to see it all lit up in neon glow – it’s breath-taking.