although, considering it’s still 90 degrees outside – obviously southern california hasn’t gotten the memo.
it doesn’t matter, the leaves are changing color somewhere… which means it’s time for one of my favorite recipes – apple dump cake.
trust me, one bite & you will be thanking me for the recipe.
but the best part? it’s easy to have the ingredients always on hand & it’s probably one of the easiest recipes ever.
i can pretty much guarantee it’s going to become your new fall-favorite-go-to.
apple dump cake recipe
2 cans of apple pie filling (i prefer to get fancy, & use caramel apple pie filling)
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 cup of chopped pecans
1 stick of butter
1 can ofhansen’s ginger ale (this is the secret ingredient! i know it sounds crazy, but it makes the cake extra moist & super delicious!)
1. spread the pie filling in a 9×13 pan
2. sprinkle the pecans & cake mix over the pie filling
3. slice the butter into thin slices & layer on top
4. pour the ginger ale over the dry cake mix
5. bake at 350 degrees for an hour
best served warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream!