i’m a sucker for red velvet.
what do they say? a moment on the lips, on lifetime on the hips?
when it comes to red velvet , it doesn’t matter…
it makes my knees shake, & my heart race.
pretty sure i could eat red velvet all day & night.
especially red velvet whoopie pies.
the combination of red velvet & mounds of delicious cream cheese frosting?
me oh my, what’s not to love?
red velvet whoopie pies
red velvet cookies
1 box german chocolate cake mix
1/3 cup oil
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips OR white chocolate chips
1, 1-oz bottle of red food coloring
1. preheat over to 375 degrees.
2. combine cake mix, eggs, oil, food coloring & vanilla extract.
3. using a spoon, fold in the chocolate chips
3. scoop out tablespoon-sized balls
4. bake for 7-10 minutes & let cool.
cream cheese frosting
1, 8-oz package cream cheese
1 stick of softened butter
1 tsp. vanilla
4+ cups of powdered sugar
1. mix cream cheese, butter & vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth & well combined.
2. slowly add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until desired taste achieved. be sure to scrape down the side of bowl with a spatula.
3. once well combined, beat for an additional minute or so, until everything is creamy & fluffy.
* using a pastry bag or ziplock bag, pipe mounds of frosting onto one cookie & sandwich with another cookie.