the dopey challenge dilemma has literally taken over my life.
do i or don’t i?!
yep! the latest events added to walt disney world marathon weekend (next january 9th – 12th, 2014), have my head spinning.
you now have so many choices available to run during walt disney world marathon weekend:
* kids races (including the magic mile)
* family fun run 5K
* walt disney world 10K
* walt disney world 1/2 marathon
* walt disney world marathon
* goofy’s race & a half challenge (which consists of running both the 1/2 marathon & the full marathon)
* or, the dopey challenge…
the dopey challenge
4 days, 4 races (a 10K, 5K, half marathon & a full marathon), which means 4 possible costume opportunities, & a total of 48.6 miles.
all of this resulting in a grand total of 6, yes SIX medals (one for each of the four races, plus the goofy challenge medal & a new dopey challenge medal).
& i have i mentioned that all six medals are rumored to be brand-spanking new? they are breaking away from runDisney tradition (typically runDisney only changes medal design every 5 years), & creating six new medals, including one that is minnie themed for the 10K.
that my friends pretty much seals the deal for me – it’s no secret that i “will run for bling.”
boy oh boy – just thinking about the possibility of earning SIX medals has me seeing stars. the sound of the cling clanging is definitely music to my ears.
with a limited number of dopey entries – it’s sure to sell out.
the only questions are: how fast the dopey challenge will sell out, whether or not i’ll be one of the lucky few earning SIX medals in a single weekend & which costume (or costumes) i’ll wear.
although, right now i’m leaning towards something that’s a little, well – dopey.
online registration for all walt disney world marathon weekend events opens april 9th, 2013.
if you are planning on registering for any (or all) events there are a few things you should know & consider:
* make sure to register early. it’s bound to sell out. every runDisney race seems to sell out faster & faster. the dumbo double dare sold out in just a few hours & the disneyland half was closed after only 26 hours. plus – there are 2,000 less spots available in this year’s races, in an effort to control the crowding!
* proof of time is now necessary for anyone who is likely to finish the 1/2 marathon in less than 3 hours & 15 minutes, and/or the marathon in 6 hours and 30 minutes or less. this is super-duper important to provide before november 1st, 2013 because you will no longer be able to change corrals during the expo.
* more corrals which will also reducing the crowding, & allow runners of similar abilities to be placed together – thank goodness!
the other thing i’m pretty excited about? women specific tech shirts!
wahooooo! runDisney has heard our pleas, & i’ll finally have a race shirt that actually fits ME!
oy vey! what’s a girl to do? so many options? so much bling!
do i run the walt disney world 1/2 marathon?
or maybe just the walt disney world marathon?
or, do i go “full monty” and run the goofy challenge?
but at that point, i might as well go dopey, right?!
somebody please help! am i certifiably insane? because i’m really starting to wonder.
but those medals are definitely calling my name! i think i just need a little “nudge” before i’m ready to commit!
i know i’m not the only one experiencing the dopey challenge dilemma – are you?!