runDisney certainly knows the way to a girl’s heart, at the very least, they know the way to mine.
you see runDisney has realized that it really is all about the bling…
of course we also enjoy the miles, and the challenges, and the magic of running through disney parks.
but ultimately, what it really comes down to, what really gets us (or at least ME) motivated? yep! yep! it’s all about the BLING.
princess half marathon
starting tuesday, june 11th, 2013, i (& you too) will be able to register for the 2014 disney princess half marathon, the disney princess enchanted 10k, the new disney glass slipper challenge & the cinderella royal family 5K.
but that’s not all. a very limited number of runners (crossing my fingers & toes that i’ll be one of the lucky few) will have the opportunity to register EARLY for the 2014 tinker bell half marathon (tinkerbell registration doesn’t open until july 9th, 2014).
what does this mean? it means that by registering on tuesday, you will soon bringing home some serious hardware. runDisney always has the BEST medals.
i hope to be wearing FIVE medals by the end of the princess half marathon weekend:
now you don’t have to run all the races (only a crazy person would do that).
you can definitely sign up for just one. in fact, any of the races (the 5K, 10K, or half marathon) would be the perfect first race – although, i’ll warn you now… runDisney races are rather addicting. trust me, i know from experience, after all the 2009 disneyland half marathon was my very first race ever.
but, the more races you run, the more bling you bring home.
the glass slipper challenge
if you’re a princess who’s looking to put her endurance to the test, the glass slipper challenge is definitely the way to go.
but the best part? in addition to a medal for each race, you will also earn the inaugural disney glass slipper challenge medal.
although, the medal that is calling my name, & practically has me drooling with anticipation, is the newly pink-ed coast to coast medal…
& YES! for those of you with enquiring minds… in 2014, if you complete the tinkerbell half marathon & the princess half marathon AND another eligible pair of disneyland resort & walt disney world resort races, you will be eligible to receive the original coast to coast race challenge medal in addition to the pink version of the coast to coast race challenge medal.
can i get a WAHOOOOOOOO?! two coast to coast medals in one calendar year? that’s a serious kind of awesome.
remember – online registration for all princess half marathon weekend events (& a limited number of tinkerbell half marathon entries) will open june 11th, 2013, although annual passholders and dvc members can register beginning june 6th, 2013.
if you are planning on registering for any (or all) events there are a few things you should know & consider:
* make sure to register early. it’s bound to sell out. every runDisney race seems to sell out faster & faster. the dumbo double dare sold out in just a few hours & the disneyland half was closed after only 26 hours. plus – there are 2,000 less spots available in this year’s races, in an effort to control the crowding!
* proof of time is now necessary for anyone who is likely to finish the 1/2 marathon in less than 3 hours & 15 minutes. this is super-duper important to provide before december 1st, 2013 because you will no longer be able to change corrals during the expo.
* more corrals which will also reducing the crowding, & allow runners of similar abilities to be placed together – thank goodness!
& for those of you who ran last year’s race, you’ll be pleased to know that the disney’s fit for a princess expo will be returning to the espn wide world of sports complex. phew!
who’s ready to trade in their glass slippers for running shoes & run like a princess?! i know i certainly am.
so, in celebration, how about a “run like princess” giveaway?
who wants a chance to win all of my favorite princess essentials?
* kt tape: one roll of pink kt tape pro
* nuun: one tube of watermelon nuun
* runDisney vinylmation
* sparkle athletic: winner’s choice of pink or gunmetal sparkle visor tiara
* sparkle athletic: run like a girl race legs
* sparkle athletic: run like a girl hair ties
ready to enter? i’m giving you 6 different ways to enter.
luckily,rafflecopter makes it easy-peasy to enter.
but don’t dawdle, this giveaway closes on friday, june 14th at 12am EST.
confused about how to enter a giveaway using rafflecopter? here’s a video on their site explaining how to use rafflecopter to enter giveaway.
1. no purchase necessary.
2. giveaway ends 6/14/13 at 12am EST.
3. only US residents can enter.
4. winner will be chosen via random.org.
5. winner will be contacted via email. winner has 48 hours to respond with mailing address or another winner will be chosen.
6. void where prohibited by law.
7. this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. i hereby release Facebook of any liability.
8. all giveaway items have been provided by me, according to kelly. the companies: kt tape, nuun, runDisney,and sparkle athletic are not associated with this giveaway, & have no idea that i’ve included them in my “prize pack.” i just really, really love these products & think every running princess needs these essentials.
if you have any additional questions – feel free to email me at email@example.com