pretty sure i use running as an
excuse reason to carbo-load on cookies.
& these peanut butter, oatmeal, butterscotch, chocolate chip cookies are no exception.
not only are they absolutely perfect for carboloading – but because they have both peanut butter AND oatmeal, they’re practically healthy.
peanut butter, oatmeal, butterscotch,
chocolate chip cookie recipe
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oats (quick or old fashioned)
1 1/2 cups (or an entire bag) milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups (or an entire bag) butterscotch chips
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. in a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars.
3. stir in peanut butter, vanilla and egg until well combined.
4. add flour, baking soda and salt.
5. using a spoon, fold in oats and chocolate chips and mix until combined.
6. roll into 1″ balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
7. bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
best enjoyed warm, with a TALL glass of ice cold milk.