there are so many reasons why i’m looking forward to runDisney’s tinker bell half marathon weekend (registration starts tomorrow, July 1oth)…
* first of all – considering i’ve ran the past two tinker bell half marathons (both the inaugural tinker bell half marathon in 2012 & the 2013 race as well), making me a practically-perfect-pixie. with that in mind, the 2014 tinker bell half marathon weekend an absolute must…. my practically-perfect-pixie status must be maintained.
* second of all – the tinker bell half marathon is the first step to my bringing home the coveted, newly pink-ed coast to coast medal. after completing the 2014 tinkerbell half marathon AND the 2014 princess half marathon, just 5 weeks later – the pink version of the coast to coast race challenge medal will be all mine!
* third of all – the costumes. let’s be honest, i always love a good
excuse opportunity to rock a costume while running. having already ran races dressed as tinker bell, captain hook & mr. smee – my mind is spinning, working over-time, trying to decide which costume to wear, which costume to run in.
* fourth of all – the newly-added-fairy-themed-10K… 6.2 magical miles running through the disneyland resort, with disney characters & on-course entertainment. have i mentioned that it’s timed?! it’s the perfect race for newbies & experienced racers alike.
ready to run? running through the disneyland resort, exploring the charming streets of downtown anaheim, & the super-fabulous-totally-amazing-bright-and-shiny bling definitely makes this a race to remember.
plus, there is always something special & empowering about running a race with literally thousands of other women.
if you’re as excited as i am, remember registration for 2014 tinker bell half marathon weekend begins tuesday, july 9th, 2013 at 12pm EST/9am PST at runDisney.com.
tinker bell half marathon weekend
never land family fun run 5K: friday, january 17th, 2014 at 5:45am
* $70 per participant
tinker bell 10K: saturday, january 18th, 2014 at 6am
* $95 by August 13, 2013
* $110 between August 14 and October 15, 2013
* $125 on or after October 16, 2013
runDisney kids races: saturday, january 18th, 2014 at 9am
* dashes : $20 per child
tinker bell half marathon: sunday, january 19th, 2013 at 5:00am
* $95 by august 13, 2013
* $110 between august 14 and october 15, 2013
* $125 on or after october 16, 2013
if you are planning on registering for any (or all) events, make sure to register early. it’s bound to sell out.
so who am i going to “run” into during the tinker bell half marathon weekend? who’s registering for the 10K? & what are you going to wear?
anyone want to place a bet on how quickly the races will sell out?