once upon a time running seemed almost easy – so completely natural, it practically felt like i was flying. in 2013 alone, i ran over 10 half marathons, 5 marathons (qualifying for boston twice AND completing the runDisney goofy challenge), several relays, 10k and 5ks.
however this past year was a completely different story… one in which i found myself spectating & cheering from the sidelines more often than i would have hoped, sometimes cancer sucks like that.
but after worrying that i’d never be able to run again – i’m just happy to be pounding the pavement once again, no matter how hard it is, how slow i am, or how much it hurts.
luckily, the new year has rolled around just in time, & i have a BIG goal, that i’m ready to share…
to run a marathon.
more specifically, my goal is to cross the finish line of the 2015 ASICS la marathon – it’s the 30th anniversary of one of my all-time-favorite races, so of course i have to run it!
i’ll be honest – i’m scared & a little worried that maybe i’m reaching too high, too soon. most runs are slow & painful. every step is heavy, every breath hurts & usually, all i want to do is quit. but i don’t. instead i reminds myself that “the first step is always the bardes” & that the bad runs help you appreciate the good ones. after all… “some days it hurst more than others. but it doesn’t mean i don’t do it. i deal with it and i keep running because not everything that is good for you always feels good for you.”
considering i’ve been training since for november with this goal in mind, it feels good to actually say it out loud. & now that that “whole wide world” knows, i feel more committed, you know what i mean?
so let’s celebrate my running the ASICS la marathon with a giveaway!
it’s hard to accomplish a BIG goal like running the ASICS la marathon without a little help. but i’ve found a few running essentials that are helping me stay committed & motivated. & YOU have the chance to win them all. yep! one lucky person is going to win the whole kit & caboodle…
* tom tom runner cardio: with it’s built-in heart rate monitor & GPS receiver, this is my new favorite “toy.” it’s helping me tracking my heart rate, my distance, and it even does intervals (which is helpful when you are running using the #gallowaymethod).
* sparkle athletic visor: made by HEADSWEATS exclusively for sparkle athletic, this is the only visor you’ll ever want to wear again.
* kt tape: i honestly believe, that it would be impossible for me to run without this around my knees. i don’t know how, but after applying kt tape, something magical happens, the pain goes away, & i’m actually able to run.
* momentum jewelry wrap bracelet: i love, love, love bracelets. especially ones that motivate & inspire me. so these wraps are perfect. pretty sure i wear mine every single day.
* jeff galloway run-walk-run book: i’ll be honest, i had my doubts about the #gallowaymethod. but galloway’s “run-walk-run method” book has been my bible these past few months, & it’s amazing.
* chocolate milk prize pack: my love of chocolate milk is definitely not a secret – it’s my favorite recovery drink.
* nuun: in case you’ve been hiding under a rock & still don’t know how i feel about nuun – with 0 sugars, 0 carbs, only 8 calories & tons of electorlytes, it’s my secret weapon, it’s what powers me through workouts, races & every day life.
ready to enter?
simply share one of YOUR 2015 fitness goals, by leaving a comment below. it’s that simple.
want an additional entry or two?
* “like” according to kelly on facebook
* follow @according2kelly on instagram
* follow @according2kelly on twitter
* tweet or facebook the following: i want to win @according2kelly’s #giveagoal giveaway featuring a @tomtomUSA runner cardio watch & more! enter here: bit.ly/giveagoalGiveaway
* re-post @according2kelly’s instagram #giveagoal giveaway post (on instagram)
please leave a separate comment for each additional entry.
* contests ends wednesday, january 7th, 2015 at 11:59pm PST.
* one winner will be chosen via random.org & notified via email, winner has 48 hours to respond.